Linda Fabiani MSP East Kilbride is this week raising awareness that with the arrival of winter, it is the time of year where we particularly need to keep an eye on older friends and relatives – especially in relation to electrical safety.


Commenting, Linda said:


“I was really interested to visit Electrical Safety First’s drop-in session in Parliament last week. The Charity is working with MSPs to encourage constituents to check on the electrical safety of older family members, or neighbours, and has developed a range of tools and guides to help keep them safe in their home.


“Many older people worry about winter heating bills, often using portable heaters and electric blankets to cut costs – but these appliances have caused a number of house fires, mainly through misuse. And with most older people being owner-occupiers, they tend to live in homes which haven’t had an electrical safety check for many years and often lack important electrical safety features.


“Most electrical fires are caused by simple mistakes that can easily be avoided. I suggest constituents eager to learn more to visit


No Comments

Post a Comment


Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.