FABIANI ENCOURAGES EAST KILBRIDE RESIDENTS TO ATTEND NHS CAR PARKING PROPOSAL ROADSHOW
Linda Fabiani MSP for East Kilbride, is encouraging East Kilbride residents to make their views known on NHS Lanarkshire proposals on car parking facilities by attending the roadshows being held in East Kilbride on Monday 16th January.
NHS Lanarkshire is currently reviewing the management of car parking across NHS Lanarkshire sites and is seeking comments from staff and the public, particularly from patients and visitors, on what is being proposed. A public consultation is currently underway, which closes on 31st January 2012
Linda said “It is of the utmost importance that car parking facilities at NHS Lanarkshire sites are accessible and up to standard for both visitors and staff. I am pleased that NHS Lanarkshire is providing this opportunity for local engagement.
“Although Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon has abolished car parking charges in all NHS Hospitals, Labour’s PFI hospitals, such as Hairmyres, fall outwith her jurisdiction. Therefore it is important that people make their views know to NHS Lanarkshire.
“I will be attending one of the East Kilbride roadshows and will represent the views of the staff and patients who have already contacted me on this matter.
“I would encourage all interested parties to attend the roadshow when it comes to East Kilbride on January 16th and to respond to the consultation in order to make their views known on this important issue.”
The dates, times and venues for the all of the roadshows are:
Monday 16 January
- 9.30am – 11am Hunter Health Centre, East Kilbride
- 12 noon – 2pm Hairmyres Hospital, restaurant and main entrance, East Kilbride
- 3.30pm – 5pm Udston Hospital, Hamilton
Wednesday 18 January
- 9.30am – 11am Douglas Street Community Health Clinic, Hamilton
- 12 noon – 2pm Wishaw General Hospital, restaurant and main entrance.
- 3.30pm – 5pm Airbles Road Centre, Motherwell
Friday 20 January
- 9.30am – 11am Central Health Centre, Cumbernauld.
- 12 noon – 2pm Monklands Hospital, restaurant and main entrance, Airdrie
3.30pm – 5pm Coatbridge Health Centre.
The proposed car parking policy is available on the NHS Lanarkshire public website ‘Get Involved – consultation and engagement’ section – http://www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk/Involved/consultation/Pages/Carparking.aspx